top of page

Private and Business Immigration

If you wish to come to the UK to work, or to employ workers from outside the UK, there are several routes available to you. Not all jobs are open to applications from overseas. Some require sponsorship and all require payment of Home Office application fees. If you are a national of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you should check if you are able to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme as this does not require payment of a fee.

These are some of the applications we can assist you with:

The majority of jobs which are open to recruitment from overseas will fall within this route. To be eligible, you must have a job offer in the UK and your prospective employer must hold a Home Office sponsorship licence and provide you with a certificate of sponsorship for that role. The job must
require a certain skill level. You can check this here.

The job you are applying for must meet the general salary threshold of £25,600 or the ‘going rate’ although there is discretion to accept a lower salary in a shortage occupation or where you have particular academic qualifications. Points are awarded to your application for knowledge of English, skill level of job, salary, educational qualification and you must achieve 70 points to apply.

If successful, you will be granted a visa for up to 5 years which may be extended.

The Global Talent visa is available to leaders in their field in academia or research, arts and culture or digital technology. You will need to have an endorsement from an awarding body or to have won a prize in your field. Successful applicants will be permitted to live and work in the UK for 5 years.

This route is available to international students who have completed their degrees in the UK and enables them to stay in the UK for at least two years while they work or look for work. It does not require sponsorship.

We understand there will be times when you do not wish to instruct solicitors in your whole case but you wish to have the reassurance of a lawyer checking your application before it is submitted. We offer a fixed fee for this service of £600, excluding VAT. For this, we will review your application and supporting documents, check that it is the most appropriate application taking into account your objectives and timescales and advise you on anything further required to support your application. We will provide you with our advice in writing.

As a business, you need a Home Office sponsorship licence to employ workers through the skilled worker route. We can assist you in applying for a licence and in advising you how to manage the process within your organisation. In addition to paying a licence fee, you will be required to pay an Immigration Skills Charge for each skilled worker employed.

bottom of page